When it comes to getting the most from your chimney and fireplace, proper airflow is vital. Unfortunately, a lot of things can affect the draft in your system, and negative house pressure is one of them. If you’re concerned about negative pressure in your home, then you need to call our team of experts. With the holidays coming up, this is not a service to put off.

At Sleep Easy Chimney Service, we specialize in all types of repairs and rebuilds, so we can find a solution that works for you! Don’t wait to set up an appointment with our team today.

What Is Negative House Pressure?

White Masonry Chimney on Roof - Kansas City MO - Sleep Easy Chimney Service & RepairEvery home has a Neutral Pressure Plane – above this line is positive pressure and below is negative pressure. You can’t see where this line is, but it moves according to the airflow through your home. Unfortunately, this pressure can become imbalanced based on various factors. It can cause all kinds of problems and putting your loved ones at risk of carbon monoxide exposure.

Having too much negative pressure in your house leads to lots of issues including mold accumulation, condensation, and sickness. In the chimney sweeping world, one of  main way we identify pressure issues for our customers is when their fireplace starts smoking. The last thing anyone wants to worry about this holiday season is smoke and dangerous gases entering their home. Don’t put your home at risk! Call our team to check things over, so that you can rest easy this season. We’re always ready and willing to help you out!

Dangers Of Carbon Monoxide

One of the biggest risks with negative pressure is the risk of carbon monoxide entering your home. This gas is colorless and odorless, making it impossible to detect, which is why it’s known to cause many deaths every year. Knowing the symptoms associated with exposure is important, if you suspect that you or a loved one has inhaled carbon monoxide, it’s vital to leave the home and get medical assistance immediately.

Signs of exposure include nausea, dizziness, headaches, confusion, vomiting, chest pain, and flu-like symptoms. Stay alert, and invest in carbon monoxide detectors for your home. These devices have saved countless lives, and they could make all the difference in keeping your loved ones safe this Christmas! Call today to learn more and set up a time to work with our CSIA certified crew!