When it comes to preventing fires and gas leaks in your home, investing in fireplace care and chimney maintenance is an obvious must. But did you know your dryer vents could be putting your home at risk, as well? That’s why investing in annual dryer vent cleanings should be a big priority for any homeowner! If you live in the Kansas City area, be sure to rely on the team here at Sleep Easy Chimney to help you out every step of the way.

Dryer Vents & Dryer Fireswhite chairs next to white clothing dryer on wooden floor

Dryers produce high temperatures, as well as flammable lint, so it is vital that blockages do not occur in the venting system. When this happens things can overheat in a hurry and that lint could easily catch on fire. As you can imagine, it won’t take long for these flames to spread, causing a lot of damage along the way. If not addressed in time, it won’t be long before you home needs thousands of dollars worth of repair work.

Statistics have shown that close to 3,000 dryer fires occur every single year leading to multiple deaths and a large number of injuries. You can help lower these numbers by simply calling in our professional team to check things over. It’s as easy as that!

Dryer Vents & Gas Leaks

Unfortunately, fires are not the only thing to worry about when it comes to running your gas appliance. There is also the risk of carbon monoxide exposure. When your dryer cannot properly vent, the fumes and gases it produces will not be able to safely escape outdoors like they are supposed to. This means that the chances of carbon monoxide leaking into your home increases significantly!

If you aren’t too familiar with this poisonous gas, then let us provide some information. First of all, it is important to note that carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless making it impossible to detect with just your basic senses. For that reason, we urge all homeowners to purchase carbon monoxide detectors, so that they can be appropriately warned well before any damaging effects take place.

After exposure, people typically report feeling ill. Symptoms include nausea, headaches, confusion, chest pain, weakness, dizziness, and other flu-like symptoms. If you notice any of these, leave the area immediately and call for help. If exposure continues, you could easily pass out and eventually pass away. Carbon monoxide is not something you want to take any chances with so invest in the professional maintenance you need today!

Save Yourself Stress, Time & Money Today By Counting On Us

All in all, dirty dryer vents increase many unnecessary risks, and they make your system function much less efficiently, too. You will be waiting hours for your clothes to dry, and all that extra energy use will increase your monthly bills, as well. Invest in the care your household deserves by working with our team today!