Long-Lasting Water Protection With Stainless Steel Chase Covers & Chimney Caps
Chimney leaks are expensive and we all want to prevent them — and it starts with the right materials in the right places. Nothing stands up to the abuse of rain, snow, sleet, and ice like stainless steel, which is why we’re proud to sell and install stainless steel chase covers and chimney caps for our clients throughout Kansas City and the neighboring communities.
Stainless Steel Chase Covers
If you spent some time on our Crown Repair & Rebuild page, you know that crowns are the cement coverings that sit at the top of masonry chimneys. But what about the chases surrounding prefabricated or factory-built chimneys — don’t they need coverings too? Yes! And unfortunately, many stock chase covers (the “crowns” of the prefab chimney world) don’t hold up.
In many cases, builders simply use scrap sheet metal to seal the top of a prefab chimney, and there are problems with that:
- It’s not long-lasting. Water can rust through rather quickly
- Water can pool on top, causing the cover to sag and eventually collapse
When low-quality metal is used to seal off your prefab chimney chase, you may notice rust stains down the side of your chimney or down onto your roof. That’s certainly not attractive and it means your chase cover isn’t doing its job and isn’t keeping water out!
Instead of worrying about chimney leaks, call Sleep Easy. We install stainless steel chase covers that are reinforced and designed to prevent sagging, rust, and leaks. With a new chase cover from Sleep Easy, you can rest assured your factory-built chimney will be well protected.
Stainless Steel Chimney Caps
But what about the flue — doesn’t it stick up past the chimney chase on both masonry chimneys and prefab chimneys? The answer is yes, which is why flues need covers too. Here at Sleep Easy, we install stainless steel chimney caps, which attach to the top of the flue tile or pipe and prevent water, animals, and birds from entering the flue.
Without a chimney cap, you could experience a whole host of problems, like these:
- Water Damage — With an uncapped flue, you’ll inevitably have chimney leaks and water damage that extends to your flue, your fireplace, your damper, and just about every other area of the system.
- Animal/Bird Problems — An open flue is an open invitation for nesting animals and birds. These critters can block the flue with their flammable nesting materials and get stuck inside the chimney and die there. Plus, they can be noisy, smelly, and can bring things like parasites and mites in with them.
- Blockages — Twigs, leaves, and other debris can blow into the flue during a storm, leaving your flue blocked and dirty. When you go to light up the first fire of the season, you don’t want to have to worry about smoke backing up in the home or debris igniting inside the flue.
If your chimney cap is missing or poorly designed or fitted, call Sleep Easy. We install beautiful chimney caps in a variety of styles and sizes, so whether you need a single or multi-flue cap in a discreet or decorative style, we’ll got what you’re looking for.
Call Kansas City’s Trusted Chimney Pros — Call Sleep Easy
Ready to have your new stainless steel chimney cap or chase cover installed? Call Sleep Easy at 816-471-4435 or request an appointment online. We offer the highest level of service and install the highest-quality products, and we’re here to help you when you need us!