For Beautiful, Long-Lasting Crowns That Keep Water Out, Call Sleep Easy
One of the most common culprits behind chimney leaks is the crown or the concrete seal at the top of the chimney stack. This area is meant to provide a barrier that prevents water from entering the chimney and to direct any snow, sleet, ice, or rain off and away from the chimney and its base. But unfortunately, things don’t always go as planned…
- Some crowns aren’t built well. They may lack a drip edge and end up pouring rain, sleet, and snow right down onto the masonry or flashing. They may not be angled properly and all that rain, snow, and sleet may simply settle on top of the crown and cause deterioration and damage. Or they may be too thin to really stand up to years of water and weather.
- Other crowns are built well but still end up with cracks and damage as a result of weather, water, and age.
No matter what has caused your crown damage or chimney leak, the good news is the team at Sleep Easy is capable of fixing the problem. We repair and rebuild crowns, so whether you have a hairline crack that you want to seal and prevent the growth of, or you have a shabby, thin, worn down crown that needs to be completely replaced, we’ve got it covered.
Our Crown Repairs & Rebuilds Are Done Right & With The Most Trusted Products & Materials
If you need to have your entire crown rebuilt, you can trust that our team will do it right. We’ll make sure the crown meets these standards:
- at its thinnest part, it’s at least 3 inches thick
- it has a proper drip edge to ensure any water or snow goes down onto the roof, not onto the masonry or the flashing
- it has proper slope to direct water down and off of its top
In need of repairs or waterproofing? We use top-of-the-line products to repair and waterproof crowns, like CrownSaver, CrownSeal, and CrownCoat.
- CrownSaver is a cement-based, long-term repair product that provides 10 years of protection against water damage and leaks.
- CrownCoat is a sealant that can be used to seal cracks and prevent the growth of cracks, while also keeping water out of the crown in the future. How far into the future? 15 years.
- CrownSeal is a permanently flexible crown repair product that provides a natural mortar/concrete appearance and protects against water intrusion.
When building a new crown, we can always finish with a crown waterproofing product to ensure your new crown lasts even longer — just ask!
Call Sleep Easy, Kansas City’s Trusted Chimney Pros
Is it time to show your crown a little love? Call Sleep Easy at 816-471-4435 or reach out to us here on our website and we’ll give your crown the love and attention it needs to keep water out for good!